Saturday, May 21, 2016

We are back with incredible news!

Oh my... it has been AGES since i've written in my blog! Many things have been happening in my life since October of 2015 to now (May 2016). Some things that have kept me away have been character building and my patience was stretched and strengthened and many other things (more good than "bad") have been so amazing I just didn't have time to keep my blog updated!

 But for now, everything has calmed down to the point that I can finally sit down and write, i've missed this!

In just 6 months my knowledge in my craft has increased and my art has improved so much and my passion has sky rocketed through the sky when it comes to crafting and spinning, one thing that has got me so excited was my parents have FINALLY made Tennessee their home!

 Oh Joy! My parents are my heroes. They have been there for my husband and myself through so much (good and bad), they are our example and many times I will hear my husband whisper to me, "Their love and godliness is a relationship goal for you and I."

My parents on the left (my mom was 21 and my dad 19 ) and today. almost 42 years married and going strong!


 This past April they finally put California behind them (they made California home for over 35 years) as they realized Dustin and I are their only close family left and wanted to be close to us, especially since Dustin and I are desiring children, so what better experience to have grandparents so close by.

 When they arrived we four began to look for land to purchase so that we four can build two homes on it and be closer to our dream of homesteading and keeping sheep... It happened!!!!!!


We are now owners of 22 acres of open pastured land with a large pond! The owner used it to only graze cattle and now that he is in his 80s he wanted to sell it. My parents and I teamed up and quickly purchased and now we are in the process of getting permits for septic and building. We are so overwhelmed with excitement we cant stop talking about it! 


First thing we did after we closed the sale was head over to our future home and take a picture. This is just one part of the whole land... so much beauty!

One of the first things we four did is stake the site where we want to build. Throughout the building process I will be taking photos and sharing when I can. If you want to quickly see how we are doing and don't want to wait until I write on here, please visit our Instagram.

 The grass has been growing so much it has reached past my waist. A neighbor was so wonderful he came and introduced himself to us and asked if he may cut all the grass for hay which we were more than happy to say, YES! 

We are learning to recognize what is being grown on our property from what is good to what is not and we even found barley being grown in patches here and there throughout on part of the pasture, so that was exciting to see!

 My parents home will be just seconds walk from where we will be building! Not too close where we have no privacy but close enough to see. It seems we four will be building from scratch and since my dad has experience building small homes we four will be building from the ground up! 

 My parents will be building a 2 bedroom small home and because my husband and I want to eventually build a farmhouse we will be building a tiny home to quickly have it done (hopefully by the end of the summer we will be done with it. We shall see.) so that we can save up and maybe in 5 years we can begin building.

 We do want to immediately have chickens and prepare our garden so that by next spring everything is going strong and Dustin is think in a year to 2 years time we shall have our first flock! 


Dustin taking off the For Sale sign from our fence... that sure felt amazing!





At the moment, we are unsure what breed(s) we want to keep (for sure we want a dual breed) so I just began a Wool Study to see what breed I like the best to spin from and even see how we can even crossbreed if we wish, but that is more for later. It's all going to be a lot of work and we just can't wait to get in there and make our dreams become a reality.

I bought Dustin a shirt from Livin' Country to congratulate him being a step closer on homesteading and becoming a shepherd... Yes, that is an outhouse design on the shirt! Lol! He loves this shirt so much he's been wearing it as much as possible! Check them out!

So far, I have spun and still have pure Border Leicester locks, long wool Lincoln locks, suri alpaca, and just got my hands on 2 oz of blue ribbon (local 4-H) Romney locks and waiting on 2 oz Wensleydale locks. 

 So much happening, so much to do and we have a lifetime to do it! What an adventure we are living!

Dustin standing next to our large pond. Water level is low but will rise again hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment